Thursday, September 5, 2013

Update: My New MyFaceInSpaceTwit+ Account Address in Case You're Interested

In a lame attempt at keeping up with the times, I have updated my profile photo at LinkedIn so it matches the one at Facebook and Google+ finally. I've been trying for years to get them all in sync, but some of these networks were rather limited when I first started dabbling in them. I tried within the past year or two to update that profile pic at LinkedIn, but the photo was still deemed too big. Really? It was taken with a 2.1 megapixel camera about ten years ago. I'd think we'd be way past that by now. Okay, so I could have fixed that by saving it at a smaller dpi, but most of the time I'm doing stuff on the fly and don't have time to go back and doctor photos. Eventually I'll have to update this one, but I'm waiting until most of the world is caught up so I don't have to make a whole lot of effort to sync them again.

I have also synced several (although not all) of my past email addresses. I've been online for nearly twenty-five years now, so I have more email addresses than pairs of underwear, and I've got a lot of those too. I know, TMI, but whatever. I no longer use a couple dozen of those emails, but I've been online for so long that every now and then I run across one of them still listed in some obscure MS-DOS database somewhere. The point of this blog being: if you're on LinkedIn, then I have now closed out an old duplicate account and added that email address to the current account, which is, oddly enough, the more up-to-date address. In the closing and merging of accounts, I may have fallen off a few of your LinkedIn rosters. If you're still on LinkedIn, and you'd like to reconnect, by all means, let's do this thing. If not, then chances are you aren't reading this because you have gone into information retirement and no longer give a flying freak-out who is on your LinkedIn account. Either way we should be good, yes?

Now my old email address is my born-again address, since my current address is now what I consider to be all junk mail. I have dropped Gmail for the most part because Google has taken to reading all our email. Double really? *shakes head* I'm okay with leaving those accounts associated with junk only. It's pretty much all ads these days anyway. Does anyone ever email any more anyway? Argh! That is far too many words that begin in vowels! I think I might have sprained my vowel muscles just typing that. Anyway, emailing is so 2012, don't ya think? Not only is it not as private as talking loudly in public places over a cell phone, but it is just so slow compared to pushing a button on my ear and simply talking. Texting is more private, but you have to type a lot of keys to do that. I have yet to figure out how this is an improvement over anything other than the courier pigeon. Alas, this is much ado about nothing since, eventually all of these accounts will feed into a single Terra-Giggle account called MyFaceInSpaceTwit+ account. Oh my gawd, I am so ready for that. Where do I sign up? Oh, wait a minute. I bet that's when we have to get a barcode tattooed on our right hand or our forehead, right? Never mind. I'm not ready for that yet. Surely we have another week or so before Apple rolls out the new iPhone 666.

No comments:

Post a Comment